The History
and Legacy

The 1875 Chapel

Nashotah House: Our Chronological Timeline

1835

1841

1842

1843

1850

1854

1855

1859

1865

1868

1884

1890

1892

1908

1910

1911

1916

1942

1957

1976

1986

1992

2009

2011

2017

1835

Bp. Kemper is consecrated 1st Missionary Bishop after General Convention

The Nashotah House Logo

1841

Breck, Hobart, and Adams arrive in Wisconsin

The Nashotah House Logo

1842

Blue House is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1843

Red Chapel is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1850

James Lloyd Breck Departs; Dr. Cole becomes president (1850-1885)

The Nashotah House Logo

1854

James DeKoven arrives at Nashotah House

The Nashotah House Logo

1855

Bp. White Hall is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1859

2nd Nashotah Chapel is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1865

President’s house “The Fort” is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1868

Shelton Hall is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1884

Michael the Bell is given to Nashotah House

The Nashotah House Logo

1890

Pres. Gardner is elected, implementing daily mass, Western Ceremonial and spiritual discipline

The Nashotah House Logo

1892

Nashotah’s “Jubilee” and Lewis Hall “Jubilee Tower” is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1908

Chapel re-dedicated May 21st, 1908

The Nashotah House Logo

1910

Fire guts the Cloister

The Nashotah House Logo

1911

Frances Donaldson Library is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1916

Bp. White Hall fire

The Nashotah House Logo

1942

Nashotah House celebrates 100 years

The Nashotah House Logo

1957

Bp. Kemper Hall is constructed

The Nashotah House Logo

1976

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Michael Ramsey, arrives at Nashotah House to teach Ascetical Theology

The Nashotah House Logo

1986

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie, visits Nashotah House

The Nashotah House Logo

1992

Nashotah House celebrates 150 years

The Nashotah House Logo

2009

Cole Cottage is destroyed by fire

The Nashotah House Logo

2011

Adams Hall dedicated

The Nashotah House Logo

2017

Nashotah House added to National and Wisconsin Register of Historic Places

The Nashotah House Logo